Julia Görges in the Top 30 come what may
Stuttgart. . The 34th Porsche Tennis Grand Prix will draw to a close in the Porsche Arena with the dream final between the Dane Caroline Wozniacki, who is ranked No. 1 in the world, and Julia Görges (Germany). Did you know...
...Julia Görges will break into the Top 30 for the first time after her great performance in Stuttgart? Should she win the final she will be 27th in Monday’s new world rankings. If she loses, she will be ranked 29th.
...that for the first time since August 1999, two Germans will again be in the Top 30? The second player is Andrea Petkovic.
...Julia Görges is only the third German to reach the final of the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix? The others were Steffi Graf (1984) and Anke Huber (1991, 1994, 1996).
...Julia Görges will be playing in her third WTA final? In 2010 she won in Bad Gastein and lost in Luxemburg. This however is her first Premier level tournament final.
...Julia Görges has only won three times against a Top 10 player? This week she beat Victoria Azarenka (No. 5) and Samantha Stosur (No. 7). Yesterday’s semifinal win was her second against the Australian as she had already defeated Stosur last year in Tokyo.
...a win at the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix will be Caroline Wozniacki’s fourth title this year? She has already won in Dubai, Indian Wells and Charleston and now has 15 career tiles to her name.
...2011 is the fourth year in succession that Caroline Wozniacki has won three or more WTA titles?
...Caroline Wozniacki has reached the final at 10 of her last 14 tournaments and that she has won seven of them?
...Caroline Wozniacki has only lost twice in a final against a player not in the Top 20 – in 2008 in Bastad against Martina Sanchez (No. 54) and a year later in Charleston against Sabine Lisicki (No. 63).
Doubles final: facts and figures
- Sabine Lisicki and Samantha Stosur are playing doubles together for the first time?
- Sabine Lisicki has reached a WTA doubles final for the first time?
- Samantha Stosur has already won 22 doubles titles? The last one was in Eastbourne in 2007.
- Stuttgart is the seventh time Kristina Barrois and Jasmin Wöhr have teamed up at a WTA tournament? They got through to the quarters in Marbella this year. Their best result came in 2010 when they reached the semifinals in Strasbourg.
- Kristina Barrois has reached a WTA doubles final for the first time?
- Jasmin Wöhr has already won three WTA doubles titles: 2002 in Brussels, 2004 in Bogota and 2010 in Istanbul.